We are partnering with the NM Science Teachers’ Association (NMSTA) and NM Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NMCTM) again to bring together our state’s finest educators for a diverse offering of workshops and presentations.
As details are available, you will find them at the conference webpage on NMSTA’s website.
We are now seeking proposals for presentations on Saturday, Nov. 14, 2015. Presentations should focus on one or more of the following themes:
- Alignment with Common Core State Standards
- Preparation for the NGSS (science/engineering practices, cross-cutting concepts)
- Environmental literacy
- Quality professional development
- Partnerships in formal/informal education
Tentative Due Dates
- 9/14 – Last day to submit a proposal. When a proposal has been successfully submitted, the primary contact will receive an email notification with a copy of the submitted information.
- 9/21 – The selection committee will select proposals and make a conference schedule. Sometime within the next week, the primary contact will receive notification of the proposal’s status.
- 10/2 – Deadline for editing proposals. You will be able to make changes to your proposal and upload supporting files. After this date, the content must go to the printer.
- 11/15 – Presentations will be scheduled between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm
Submit your proposal online at the NM Science Teachers Association’s conference webpage. (You will need to register for the site and log in to access the submission form.) If your proposal is selected, each presenter will need to register for the conference and request a scholarship. Presentations will be scheduled between 9am-5pm on Saturday, November 14, 2015.
For questions about proposals, contact Barbara Garrity.
For questions about online registration/proposal submission, please email the Conference Planning Committee.